• 1 12-oz. block extra firm silken tofu
• ½ tsp agave nectar
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cups dry penne pasta
• 1/8 cup almond milk
• 1 cup mozzarella “cheese” (I used Daiya mozzarella style shreds)
• 1 diced tomato
• 1 diced zucchini
• 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
• Small baking dish
• Medium-sized sauce pan
• Mixing bowl
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Add the tofu, agave nectar, vinegar and salt to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash the ingredients together. This is your tofu ricotta. (How simple is that?!?)
3. Add the milk, ½ cup of the mozzarella, diced tomato, tomato sauce and diced zucchini to the bowl and stir everything together.
4. Fill a medium-sized saucepan about 2/3 of the way full with water. Bring to a boil.
5. Once the water boils, add your pasta and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 11 minutes.
6. Drain your pasta in a colander and add to mixing bowl. Stir everything together.
7. Spray your baking dish with olive oil.
8. Spoon the pasta mixture into the dish and sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top.
9. Cover your dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.