- 1 ½ onions, finely diced
- 1 tbsp of grass fed butter/bacon fat etc.
- 2 pounds of ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Sauté the onions over medium heat with some cooking fat, like grass fed butter. Sauté until translucent. Allow the onions to cool before adding them to the meat.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients including the cooked onions. Mix well enough to evenly distribute the spices.
- Divide the meat into 6 portions. Using your hands, roll a portion into a ball and then indent the middle, and flatten slightly to form the appearance of a bagel.
- Place the bagel looking meat in the dish and repeat with each of the portions of meat.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked.
- Allow the meat bagels to cool. Slice the meat bagel just like a regular bagel. Fill the meat bagel with topping such as tomato slices, lettuce, onions etc.